"" Grandma Agnes' Attic: Drinks-on-the-Deck 2.0 - Strip and go Naked - Cinco de Mayo Version

Monday, May 20, 2013

Drinks-on-the-Deck 2.0 - Strip and go Naked - Cinco de Mayo Version

Welcome back to the Drinks-on-the-Deck series, glad you made it back!

On this particular Saturday we were celebrating two brithdays and Cinco de Mayo all at the same time. My daughters boyfriend had his birthday on Cinco de Mayo and my Brother-in-law celebrated his birthday two days later. So what a great excuse to try out a new pitcher of drinks.

Originally it came from this blog and was a different version of her Summer Beer. When telling my brother-in-law about the ingredients, he informed me it was called a Strip and Go Naked. And after the original version, I can totally understand why.


Strip and Go Naked
(Cinco de Mayo Version)

1 Frozen Concentrate Limeaide
1 Frozen Concentrate container of Vodka
4 Corona Lites
Limes

Let the Limeaide thaw for a few hours in a bowl to make it easier to mix. Pour the Limeaide into your pitcher. Take the frozen concentrate container and fill it with vodka, pour that into your pitcher. Then add all four Corona lites into the pitcher, trying to not make it to foamy. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Add a few lime slices to look pretty. Take other lime slices, make a slit and put on edge of glasses (or mason jars). Enjoy.



Kid Non-Alcoholic Version

1 Frozen Concentrate Limeaide
Limes

 Let the Limeaide thaw for a few hours in a bowl to make it easier to mix. Pour the Limeaide into your pitcher. Take the frozen concentrate container and fill it with water, do this three times to get enough water to mix the limeaide. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Add a few lime slices to look pretty. Take other lime slices, make a slit and put on edge of glasses (or mason jars). Enjoy.



As we do, be sure to mark the non-alcoholic pitcher in some way so the kiddos know they can freely drink from that pitcher. We use a hair clip attached to the pitcher handle.

So what did I think about this pitcher, as I do not like or drink beer? The original pitcher of Summer Beer was very tasty, actually maybe a little too tasty. This version I did not care for as much. It had a strong beer taste, and even after putting in a shot of Malibu Rum into my glass, I could still heavily taste the beer. I ended up pouring in some plain limeaide from the kids pitcher just to get my one glass down. So if you like beer, this is a great drink. My husband and brother-in-law finished off almost the whole pitcher. The kids thought the limeaide was quite bitter, but they have never had it before. And my daughters boyfriend now thinks we are complete freaks. This is only the second time he has been to our house, and the first time eating dinner with us. He told her later that we are quite funny, but I could see the look of fear in his eyes...he was just being polite.




 I am sharing this post with all of these lovely bloggers.

1 comment:

  1. I like your originality, Michelle! Your title of 'stri p and go n...-ed' made me laugh! Thank you for linkin git up!

    ReplyDelete